One function of collagen for the body is it keeps the skin supple and elastic. But as we age, the human body’s production of collagen diminishes. So if less quantity is produced, it can lead to skin sagging. For this reason, dermal fillers (also known as facial injectables) exist to help you keep that youthful and glowing vibe. Dermal fillers are only one of the many procedures we at Proscia Dental provide for our valued patients.
Laying Out the Facts about Dermal Fillers
Although it is a common procedure, not much accurate information is circulating about dental fillers. So here is a list of facts we prepared!
Did you know that there is so much more to dermal fillers aside from the aesthetic benefits they bring? What you’ll find out may blow your mind!
- Contrary to the circulating myth, Botox and dermal fillers are two entirely different procedures. Botox is not a filler; it causes the facial muscles to relax and smoothens the fine lines brought by aging. Fillers, on the other hand, add volume to the face by filling out the folds of skin.
- Fillers use hyaluronic acid and collagen, two naturally occurring substances in the human body. In some cases, the material used for filling can be taken from a person’s body. For example, taking from the patient’s excess fats on the side of the body, commonly referred to as love handles. This fat can then be injected on the part of the face that needs filling.
- Dermal fillers do not last forever. This treatment is temporary and is expected to last at around 5-18 months. The factors that can affect the duration are the location where the filler was injected, and the type of substance injected. The body can easily break down the materials used and absorb it, making it ideal for people who are not satisfied with the results.
- Dermal fillers are not only for the face! It can be used in the hands or ears. The treatment is suitable for those who want to smoothen out the wrinkles and veins in their hands as well. With fillers, women with droopy ears can wear heavier and bigger earrings.
- Dermal fillers stimulate collagen production. No force can stop the natural aging process and depletion of the body’s collagen. Fortunately, procedures like dermal fillers can slow it down. With this, a person may need fewer fillers on their next visit.
Everyone gets old, but everyone doesn’t have to look old. Here at Proscia Dental, we offer Dermal Fillers in Bonita Springs, FL to help keep you looking young and vibrant. Feel free to call or visit us at 9136 Bonita Beach Rd. SE, Bonita Springs, FL 34135 to schedule an appointment!