Anything that is bad can make a person self-conscious, uncomfortable, and even unconfident. Bad breath is downright embarrassing for a person who has this condition. The condition can make a person avoid social engagement with other people which can affect both their emotional and mental well-being. At Proscia Dental, we can carefully analyze the cause of your bad breath and provide all the necessary treatments to help you achieve fresher breath.
What is Bad breath?
Bad breath or medically known as Halitosis is a condition where a person emits a foul odor that is caused by food breaking down and other factors such as poor dental hygiene, bad habits, medications, medical conditions, and even the food they eat. For some people, having bad breath is common especially if they wake up in the morning, but there are others who have this condition regularly. There are several home remedies and dental treatments that can help in getting rid of bad breath as well as some foods that should be minimized or habits that should be stopped to get healthier and fresher breath every day.
Remedies for Bad Breath
- Practice proper hygiene by following proper recommendations, and techniques to achieve healthier teeth and gums as well as fresher breath. Brush your teeth (use fluoride toothpaste) at least twice a day, floss once a day, and rinse with mouthwash.
- The tongue is a primary breeding ground of bacterias from food particles, do not disregard the tongue when brushing. It is also good to use a tongue scraper for more effective cleaning.
- If you have dental appliances, make sure to thoroughly clean it and soak it in a solution while sleeping to keep it clean and properly sanitized.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. A dry mouth means there is less saliva which is a natural component in keeping the mouth clean by flushing out food particles.
- Chew on sugarless gum to stimulate more saliva which can help keep the mouth naturally clean. Sugarless gum can also help in removing foods that are stuck in between the teeth.
- Eat crunchy fruits and vegetables like apples, carrots, or celery that can also stimulate the saliva flow and naturally clean the teeth. It can also give vitamins and nutrients that are vital to keeping the teeth healthy and strong.
- Stop any bad habits like smoking, chewing on tobacco, or drinking. It can cause several dental complications, and it also affects the overall health. It can also worsen bad breath by causing gum disease which is also a cause of halitosis.
- Schedule regular dental cleanings and checkups to properly receive necessary dental diagnosis and treatments for curing bad breath. It can help in removing plaque and tartar build-ups that cause bad breath and many other dental problems.
These are just initial treatments for Halitosis. Although these practices could help, proper treatment is necessary. Visit our dental office, Proscia Dental, so that we can help you treat the root of the problem. You deserve outstanding dental care services. Book your appointment with us at Proscia Dental and let us help you achieve healthier teeth and a fresher breath with our Halitosis Treatment in Bonita Springs. We are located at 9136 Bonita Beach Rd SE, Bonita Springs, FL 34135.