Cosmetic dentistry has advanced by leaps and bounds in recent times. It is traditional dentistry which concentrates on oral hygiene and what all to do during times of dental illnesses. On the flip side, cosmetic dentistry emphasizes how to go about improving the appearance of teeth. These treatments are ones which we may or may not decide to opt for.Certain cosmetic procedures also offer certain restorative advantages. For instance, dental fillings are one such format of treatment which is used for a treatment of teeth which are decaying. Earlier on, these fillings were made mostly of gold, amalgam or even certain other substances which could have even left very visible black or darkish colored spots on the teeth. However, these days, dental fillings may be taken as cosmetic, and one can take one’s pick of porcelain or even composite substances which are somewhat similar to the color of the patient’s teeth.Which are the latest cosmetic trends in the dental world these days?Cosmetic dentistry treatments available nowadays include the following:
- Inlays and onlays – these are indirect fillings which are made with porcelain or composite substances which last a long while. While dental fillings of the traditional sort more or less will fill up spacing in the teeth, onlays and inlays are adhesively bonded onto the teeth.
- Composite bonding – when teeth are chipped, broken or even yellowed and stained, this procedure can be made use of. A dental composite substance which looks more or less like tooth enamel and dentin is placed into the tooth cavity or even on the surface of the tooth in question. It is then sculpted into a given shape and then is contoured and hardened with a laser light of a given intensity.
- Teeth whitening – this can be done at home as well as in the dental clinic. Teeth get stained or yellowed due to certain infections or even due to bad oral hygiene habits. At times, smoking and intake of certain nicotine-based products will result in teeth staining. This can be taken care of with teeth whitening. However, this is not a permanent solution to this issue. There has to be a good follow up action after teeth whitening of taking care of the teeth by maintaining good oral hygiene habits and eating and drinking foods which go well with the treatment.
- Dental veneers – these are chip-like substances which are bonded onto the surface of the teeth. This is done to better the looks of the tooth which may have been broken, chipped or even stained.
- Dental implants – in this procedure, the teeth are first extracted out. A titanium screw or implant is drilled into the jaw bone. The bone grows around the implant, and it becomes firmly held in its place in a matter of three to four months. A dental crown or cap is placed atop the titanium screw to function as the tooth which the world sees. These are permanent and can last for the entire duration of the life of the patient if they care for well and proper.
For more details contact: 9136 Bonita Beach Rd SE, Bonita Springs, FL 34135. Call: (239) 494-4574.