An oral surgery may be necessary for several reasons. Certain oral health conditions can only be treated through oral surgery; like an impacted wisdom tooth, TMJ or temporomandibular disorder, overcrowding of teeth, bone grafting, or tooth extractions.
At Proscia Dental, we specialize in performing oral surgery procedures with utmost care and precision. Some of the most common oral surgeries include:
- Removal of wisdom tooth. When your wisdom tooth is impacted, it can lead to tooth decay, and it can also affect the adjacent teeth and gums. Because the roots of your wisdom tooth are too deep, the only thing that can be done in case of an impaction is to surgically remove the tooth.
- Tooth extraction. Tooth extractions are the last resort when the tooth can no longer be saved because it is extremely damaged, or sometimes, a tooth has already been affected by the progress of a gum disease. There are also times when a tooth has to be removed because of its poor position in the mouth or to prepare your mouth for orthodontic treatment.
- Bone grafting. Bone grafting is performed in order to fix problems with joints or bones that are damaged from trauma. It may also be done before placing implants in order to enhance the success rate of implant surgery.
- TMJ disorder. Surgery is performed for a person with temporomandibular joint disorder when the joint that connects the jaw to the skull has been damaged.
- Cleft and lip palate. Cleft and lip palate are a result of the abnormal growth of the facial and oral cavities during fetal development. These conditions can be corrected through an oral surgery.
If you suffer from any kind of dental problem, contact our Bonita Springs FL office today for a consultation. Our experts will evaluate the condition of your teeth and advise if you need oral surgery. Contact us for an appointment or call (239) 494-4574.