INLAYS AND ONLAYS
Many teeth restoration options are now available for the repair of damaged teeth and the ones with moderate decay so that teeth extraction could be the last thing a dentist would suggest and the teeth can still be saved. One of the most recommended dental options would be the use of dental inlays and onlays.
Inlays and onlays can be good alternative options to the use of dental fillings for the restoration of a decayed tooth. They are typically used when the old fillings need to be removed and replaced. An inlay is usually applied at the center of the tooth, and the onlay provides full coverage on the entire biting surface of the tooth.
Why choose inlays and onlays over metal fillings?
- Inlays and onlays are long lasting and durable because the materials used in this procedure are known to last for more than 30 years
- Inlays and onlays are more effective when it comes to increasing the strength of a damaged tooth compared to the metal fillings
- Inlays and onlays take longer years before discoloration even occurs
- Inlays and onlays extend the life of your tooth for many years so you will not even be needing a lot of dental restorations
- Inlays and onlays are more effective when it comes to protecting your teeth from bacteria
- Inlays and onlays are much easier to clean
- Inlays and onlays are the best option when it comes to the restoration of a decayed tooth because of its ability to increase the strength and resistance of a damaged tooth. It is also tailored fit to the edges of your tooth that is why it is able to provide the best fit.
For more information on dental inlays and onlays - Call Proscia Dental (239) 494-4574 or visit 9136 Bonita Beach Rd SE, Bonita Springs, FL 34135 today.