Your general dentist is one of the top health care providers that many people often sees when it comes to their oral health needs. This is basically because general dentistry focuses on the prevention of many oral health diseases like tooth decay, cavities, gum problems, halitosis and many others. At our office in Bonita Springs FL, our general dentistry practices emphasize on providing proper oral care to avoid advancing of oral problems so you can enjoy a beautiful and a healthy smile.
What procedures are involved in general dentistry?
- Fillings. These are used to save and repair a damaged tooth.
- Crowns. Dental crowns are used to serve as a cap or cover over a damaged, chipped or broken teeth. It is also used as a cover for an implant.
- Root canal treatment. This procedure performed by a general dentist in order to save an extremely decayed tooth. If your teeth are badly infected with decay, instead of having it removed, the infected pulp will just have to be removed, and the cavity will be cleaned. And then it will be filled in and sealed so that your tooth can begin to look and function like a natural tooth again.
- Dental cleaning. This is one of the most commonly performed procedures by a general dentist. This is important in removing the buildup of tartar from your teeth which brushing and flossing cannot remove.
- Dentures. If you have a few or complete teeth missing due to injury or oral health problems, your general dentist can recommend the use of dentures as a tooth replacement. These are removable appliances that can take the place of your missing teeth in such a way that you can speak, eat and chew naturally.
If you are looking for a general dentist in Bonita Springs, FL, who can provide you the excellent services you deserve, Proscia Dental is here to assist you. Schedule your appointment at our office today!